Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We're #12 on the "list"

We found out today that we're # 12 on the waiting list!
It came as a bit of a surprise...we didn't think things were moving along quite that quickly. It could potentially mean a referral in January, and after the referral it is another ~2 months before we travel. Exciting!
The adoption process seems to be more of a "jolt and wait" experience as compared to the continuous march of a pregnancy. With adoption, we've done flurries of work (paperwork, home studies, fingerprinting etc.) and then wait until the next hurdle. As a results, I think our minds don't have as much time to steadily absorb the process on a daily basis.
All this to say that we're readjusting our minds to the possibility of an earlier adoption than originally anticipated, but we're excited about it.

Dave

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news . . . thanks for sharing!

Tom

Angie Pankratz said...

That's so great! I just can't wait to meet my new little niece - I can only imagine how excited you all are getting as well!