Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Basketball Hoop!

We're finally getting a full-size basketball hoop! All of us enjoy shooting hoops and I suspect we'll get lots of use out of it over the years.
I made the project a family affair - put those boys to work I say (except for the precision stuff like making sure the pole is exactly vertical). Here's some pictures:

This picture is unrelated to the project: just having fun in the rain.
Let the work begin!

Almost there, about 1/2 Ben in height.
My helpful diggers.


Most of the heavy lifting seemed to happen after the kids were off doing something else...Day Two: mixing cement.
Precision work; setting the post and making sure everything is plumb and true.

Now we let the cement dry for a few days before installing the backboard and the rest.




2 comments:

The Weaver Olsons said...

Ummm...where was Kari? Bon bons and As the World Turns?

Unknown said...

That video is too funny!